Friday, October 18, 2024

October 18th. Sunshine here in Maine and 50 degrees



So here we are in the midst of October....  all the moving parts of the whole house generator- coming together. They should start work Monday.  The Oil Company signed off on the location.  We could have a working generator by January.  

I read April Lindner's modern take on Jane Eyre again.  Straight thru.  I would love to read the original but the only copies of that book I can find have the tiniest of type.  My eyes can't manage that.  This author's hype (in the jacker notes) of the original really makes me want to read it.

Library and grocery store today.  We not longer do a meal plan for the week- so buying groceries is a bit confusing.  I keep thinking I will be making SOUP but never actually make soup.  We did much better in November and December of last year...or not...I wasn't eating then so perhaps I don't recall it....I do recall the holiday meals of Thanksgiving and Christmas...mostly because it had been a few years since I made those holiday meals....my husband rarely ate anything I cooked.  He liked prepared grocery store meals... the same one everyday with the occasional home made grilled cheese sandwich.

The not making soup thing is being to worry me...I like having soup in the fridge.  An Easy Meal.

I dragged the tall rolling cart with eight of the nine drawers intact out into the living room where I am most of the time..... I rolled embroidery floss onto clothes pins while watching something on tv.  I like the clothes pin thing instead of tangling the thread up loose.  I rolled up 7 or 8 colors watching first season episodes of Bones. I might look for drawer nine later today.

Off we go to the grocery and library......whoop!!!! there we go.



 

No comments: