Thursday, August 09, 2018

Daily Notes- August 9


Woke to darkness.  Cloudy.  But sunshine now at 11. I think it rained overnight or early this morning.

Riley and I go out to get the paper together.  He rolls in the dew covered grass.  Does his 'business" and I check the vegetable Grow Boxes--water if needed.  Then we come inside and begin the day.

G worked in his workshop yesterday, sanding a cabinet I got from a friend cleaning out her garage. It was dis-assembled into a pile of pieces.  Had no idea of the size (big) and the charm (lots) of the two door cabinet.  One pane of glass was broken.  Yes, glass paned doors.  I intend to paint it with mat white chalk paint.  Black hinges and knobs.

Black and White everything.  So the color of the fabric art is front and center, always.  And the colorful rag rugs on the floors.

A"GIFT" of fabric squares is coming soon to add to my square.  Unexpected and perfect.  From a member of the Twelves. A group that holds a very special place in my heart, always.  I did the best work of my life alongside the Twelve of them.  I am forever trying to get back to that creative "place".

I am reading a book by A.J. Finn--The Woman In The Window.  I worry that it will turn creepy and scare me.  Something I don't really like.  I'm about 25% into it..... ambivalent.

I realized the Queen Of Plums made no plums because I forgot to fertilize her.  I had used those fruit tree spikes last Spring.  And got plums.  I had the spikes.  Just forgot to insert them around the Queen's root base.  Forgive me, oh, my Queen.

Last evening we went to our local Chinese restaurant.  One of the old favorite waitresses.  I asked for a gin and tonic and got one the size of a large coke (she made it that big on purpose).  I finished it.
The food was excellent as always.  G and I shared Orange Beef.  I got all the small bits of orange rind.

Came home and watched a Beach Themed Summer Hallmark movie. Instead the required "snow storm" in the Christmas movies--we had the summer version of a "hurricane" which didn't disturb the rose bushes at all.  Then we watched Rachael Maddow.  Quite the contrast. Glad the G&T was large.

No comments: