Sunday, August 05, 2018

Daily Notes- August 5


From my past.  Painted fabric plus some commercial stuff.  I've shown this before (more than once or twice) but this one always makes me smile.  And I need a smile today.  That scribble of orange.

We've had a great deal of humidity.  Evening and sometimes overnight rain.  It's hard to breathe.
This weekend we ate things that have been in the fridge--waiting.  Some corn I bought.  The crock pot pork in nachos and on tater tots.  Watermelon I peeled and cut into small bit sized wedges.   Cucumbers. Leftover pasta. Leftover grilled kabobs. Leftover rice.  G even found some ice cream in the freezer.  We eat very little in the Summer. No appetite. Small plates.

But we are impatient for ripe tomatoes from the Grow Boxes.  The green ones are getting larger, lighter but still no tinge of pink or red.  Bell peppers the same.  Getting larger.

We watched Star Wars movies last night.  The ones with the new characters and the very old ones. Like Skywalker and Ray.  One that I had recorded and one from Netflix.  Last Jedi stuff.  I am hoping there is another for this Christmas but so far....no news. We scrolled thru Netflix looking for a series to watch. And this is when I wonder why we have Netflix????

Goodwill today but not really excited about it.  Nothing good in the past few weekends.

I added another round of squares to that pieced square I am making.  Adding a few darker colors as it moves outward.  I think there are 100 two inch squares now.  Ten by ten.  After each additional row or two, I take the cloth to the kitchen island (aka: ironing station) and spray with starch and press--and press- and press.  I love ironing.  I iron open all the stems first.  The I run my hands over the sewn top.  Looking at it, thinking what to do next.  Wondering if there is any "story" in the pieces yet.

Jude Hill calls her very large work (pieced white fabric squares) Sanity.  She also wonders about it's "story".  When she figures it out perhaps I will be able to as well. Until then--cutting more squares. And looking for a good pink.  With character.  Though I will settle for a plain one as well.  The blues I painted are very "stormy" or "atmospheric" and feel like summer storms.  I feel like painting more fabric.  Perhaps I will paint a pink.


2 comments:

Annie said...

Ugh. this humidity will be the death of me yet! I know what you mean about Netflix,most of the time I scroll through and leave in disgust, but after putting off "Nurse Jackie" for the longest time I broke down and started the series, now binging every evening. I love the story and the characters, except for Jackie, I hope we aren't supposed to like her! : ) Has anybody else reading here watched this series? You, Joanne? I'm sure glad back in my nursing days I never came across anyone like these people!

Joanne S said...

I do not think you are supposed to like Nurse Jackie.

We binged on Longmire, River, Hinterlands, Marcella, Jessica Jones and are thinking about the Frankenstein Chronicles.
Oh and I watched Jack Taylor and liked it- sometimes