Sunday, August 12, 2018

Daily Notes- August 12


Goodwill.  Luscious linen shirt.  Just not a good fit.  I may have to stop eating in order to wear it this fall.  Long sleeves.

But right now--"floods" is what I wear most--well, all days.  I called the style "capris".  The picture above is from FLAX.  They send me advertisements. And they refer to the pictured pants as "floods".

Today's pair of capris (on me) is a coral/rose background with white design.  Adventuresome for me.  I am always in solids--no prints.  The shirt is all white.  I am not sure I like the print, but the pants are light and fit well. So, I am giving them a tryout.

Riley and I picked three tomatoes (on the shelf in the vestibule with the others) and one cucumber this morning.  G had watered in the evening and it had rained overnight so I haven't needed to give water today.  Cooler here, damp, no sun. More rain coming in the next few days.

I finished The Woman In The Window.  Quite a trip there at the end.  But very good.

Watched a Hallmark summer movie last night with Catherine Bell.  Wow.  They really pulled her facial skin "tight" and filled her lips and cheeks with something, I guess.  Forgot to do her neck. And the romantic lead was the guy on the Hallmark home and family talk and fashion morning show.  The guy with the volume-less voice.  Really awful.  The tropical island scenery was nice though. Another movie had the CIA contract killer from a really good thriller type television show playing a very uptight relationship blogger.  She looked old but still nice so they pulled her hair forward so mostly she had only eyes, nose and mouth showing and they covered most of that with really big glasses. That movie was great--as she is actually an actress--so, you know, could ACT..

Also watched Nigella cook.  Always fascinating.

No comments: