Tuesday, August 07, 2018

Daily Notes- August 7


Watering.  Giving Water.  All of my old metal cans got leaky bottoms.  Now they just look "cute" but do no actual work.  An old teakettle would be fun if I lived in a very small one person place with a tiny window sill garden.  Watering it with the tea kettle each morning and late afternoon.

Always water twice a day.  After the sun is up and later in the afternoon when the plants want to rest and recuperate.

I have two quarts of "refrigerator pickles" cooling on the stove top.  Refrigerator because you keep them there and not in the cupboard.  I sliced up three locally grown eggplant and salted the slices. Later they will be patted with flour, dipped in egg and then breadcrumbs.  Fried till crisp.  Eaten, by me, just like that.  For G, added cheese and marinara sauce.  Well, for me also.

I think, in New Jersey, they make the fried slices into a fried eggplant sandwich.  At least one New Jersey native I knew in Florida had fried eggplant sandwiches for lunch at work.  I don't think I had ever made eggplant at home at that time in my life. 42 years ago.


No comments: