Saturday, January 23, 2016

A Saturday Spent Reading And Watching The Snow Fall Someplace Else

For a change, Maine wasn't the target of an enormous amount of snow.

We had some wind, blue skies and not one flake.  It's nice to be the one without snow.

I dropped off the Interactive fabric pieces for the Collaboratory.  Is that a word? I have homework--to come up with three or four quilting "quotes" from me using the words---- Pieces, Patterns, Parts. I don't think I have ever said anything that was quotable.  My greenhouse customers always repeat pithy things they say I have said to them--and none of them sound familiar.

I read a time traveling love story.  I just LOVE those things.  Medieval.  Castles, men with swords,
very rich people in 1254 and in 2015.  Imogen and Phillip.  And best of all, so many other characters who don't have a story (book) yet.  Author is Kurland.

Next up is a Nordic murder mystery by Adler-Olsen.

Dinner was a box of Kraft Mac and Cheese.  Life is Good.

2 comments:

Life Scraps and Patches said...

I always love to read about the books you're enjoying. We have different tastes in reading, I think, but I love to hear about yours.

mathea said...

If you like time traveling stories, I recommend British author Barbara Erskine - romance, history and suspense all at once!