Friday, September 07, 2012

Yard Sale Eve

The car is packed up.  I have change in a bank bag.  I remembered empty shopping bags for customer purchases.  My thermos is ready to fill with coffee.  I plan to sell the extra green peppers from the garden.  The attic looks more spacious without the 85 suitcases, bags etc that we seemed to have accumulated in all these years. I carried down all the comforters I had packed away.  Not the pillows.

It was "stinking" hot at work today.  And people were crabby.  Me, included.  I did start in a very good place --- with a large Dunkin Donuts Iced Coffee (with cream).  I don't know what they put in that stuff but it's like a drug.  Only one Splenda in that large cup and I could have skipped it I think.  Lunch was on the skimpy side.  Celery sticks and half a cup of delicious blue cheese dressing from the BBQ place.  And another half cup of the, really, last of the garden cucumbers in sour cream.  The cuke vines have died.  Later I had a spoon of peanut butter and a handful of peanuts washed down with some SF tea lemonade mix in a big glass of water.

G is doing fine after his out patient surgery.  We both overestimated how bad it would be and needed to rest up after being worried and stressed out.  We rested at our favorite BBQ place.  G had cheesecake for dessert and grapes at home.  I woke up several times to assure myself that he was sleeping comfortably.  He was.  Riley was.  And then it was morning.

I am going to have a large piece of cheese for my very late dinner.  Perhaps a handful of raw almonds. Call it a day.  I plan to take the camera tomorrow and give you a peek at the neighborhood sales.  I hope I find something wonderful to buy.

No comments: