Monday, September 10, 2012

The Best Things In Life Are Black

This Fall.  Black jeans. Black cashmere.  Black leather biker's jackets.  I am just returning from a) the Library b) the Resale shop  c) the Dentist  d) the grocery.  At (a) I got to chat with my former coworkers and we had a good time.  I love those women.  At b) I got to buy some $8 Merrill shoes, a cashmere black turtleneck, a red acrylic tunic sweater and a black JJill tee.  I also had a nice chat with the shop owner.  Then (c) the dentist for my 6 month cleaning which always ends with the hygenist wanting to schedule me for deep cleaning on two molars  and a discussion of the 2nd molar right above (with a filling that is crumbling).  Long story short-- I will have two less teeth in my mouth sooner rather than later.  All of my other teeth are sound and very nice.  My gums are very good also. L also thought I should get an implanted tooth where I have a molar missing.  Since it's a first molar my dentist thinks so also.  Those are expensive and require lots of visits and whole days lost to the shot that puts you to sleep while they pry open your jaw bones and insert the screws.  Blech.

Then I went to the grocery and caved.  I bought yogurt and a pineapple.  I needed comforting.  I also bought a roast chicken breast, shredded it and added large amounts of mayo and honey.  I forgot to buy ground beef.  I got two nice steaks instead.  Porterhouse for $7.99 a #.  I've never eaten a Porterhouse. G will have to research it on the internet to see how to cook them.  I got baking potatoes also.  We have green beans in the garden for our vegetable.  That will be tomorrow.  G had a late company sponsored lunch and I had a few mouthfuls of chicken.  I think we're done eating.

I was visiting French Essence on line and discovered the five basic items for Fall 2012.  Skinny black jeans, black cashmere sweater (check), black leather biker's jacket, ankle boots, drop earrings.  There are other things like black and white tees, a white blouse, a black lace blouse and a new LBD (little black dress).   You can wear the Biker's jacket over the LBD and add the earrings and ankle boots for a chic night out.  I think jeans, the cashmere turtleneck and a down vest/ or jacket will do it for me. This IS Maine.  So happy to be "in fashion".  And the cashmere was $6.

G has taken Riley for a walk.  Riley is pretty happy about that.

The picture at the top of the page is one of the sheets of stick on numbers G gave me out of his store POP kit.  I love stick on numbers.  I used 1 to 11 for my Paris Packing List in my journal.  I plan to use the numbers for all my lists until they are used up.  Peel and stick.  Sweet.

2 comments:

Paula, the quilter said...

Out here it seems everything in the stores is a teal color. I have the black leather jacket, does that put me 'in fashion'?

Deborah Boschert said...

Wow. You hit the jackpot at the thrift store. Merrill shoes?! I'm looking forward to switching over to fall clothes... soon.