Tuesday, September 11, 2012

New Shoes

These are Zodiac Blacks by Merrill.  I wore them to work today which wasn't the smartest thing I have ever done.  They were happy shoes until after lunch when I needed to add a bandaid to one of my toes. I don't have any really bad blisters, but, it just might have been because I was working on the Houseplant shelves and didn't have to walk around much.  $8.  That's a Farmer Tan Line on my feet from wearing the Crocs all summer. ( at least they had solid tops and I don't have white polka dots on my feet like some people) At the beginning of summer I tried to sit out on the deck with my feet in the sun to even things up.  I lost interest in that pretty quickly.

I attended Art Club tonight.  It's been so long since I went that no one remembered me. Which is okay. I think I went to Art Club when I was still weighing 238 pounds and coloring my hair brown.  One gal did remember the "distressed photo" demo I did for the group.  But not me.

I am trying, really trying, to open up to new artistic opportunities.  I have sort of circled my wagons for the past (?) years and stopped going to the places, meetings, groups that I had frequented in the early years of living in my Town.  Closed up.  Now, I am working on "opening up".  It's not as hard as I thought it would be.  Nothing is really as hard as one thinks it will be. Next I will work on always being "positive" even if I have to lie.

I had chicken salad and a baggy of carrot sticks for lunch today.  It was good.  Dinner was two cold slices of the breaded eggplant and some swiss cheese.  I feel like I have a cold.  In olden days, I would have a nice cup of hot tea with sugar  to make me feel better.  Tea with Splenda is not so good.  Tea with honey is not so good.  So, I'll have a glass of water and a Nyquil.  Working the open shift tomorrow.  Today was closing shift.  That's all I've got for you.  Hope it was enough.


No comments: