Monday, September 24, 2012

Rough Start

I accidentally removed my blog list from the right side of this page and then had to try and remember what blogs I read and go looking for their URLs.  Now, because of "new" blogger the blogs are in a thin strip along the side.  I can see if they have updated recently and their post titles.  I guess this will keep me from checking them and finding the same post?  The stress of having to figure out how to recreate the list has possibly fire up some of the neutrons in my brain. Some of the ones I haven't used in a great long time.

Work yesterday was duller than watching paint dry.  I can see why people stop in to ask if we are closed.  I managed to get a $6.50 tip for doing just about nothing.  I divided a begonia into three pots.  It came to $3.50.  The customer said that was ridiculous and later the cashier appeared with the change from the customer's ten dollar bill.  Now, the hours of work I put into another customer's custom wedding containers--- that equalled nothing.  Not even a thank you.  I also got a pint of fresh rendered lard for the horseradish root I gave to a customer.  (?)  I'm wondering if the tip is not even related to the work?  What is it related to?

I watched Wallander last night.  Despite having read all the books--I was mystified regarding this episode.  Could not figure it out.  What a mess.  G wanted to watch the Patriots.

I don't think I got much sleep last night.  It all seemed very choppy.  But then perhaps I was dreaming I was awake????  Made a very nice frittata (I think) for breakfast with the same ingredients from yesterday only this time I flipped the browned cake of eggs over and then slid it back in the pan to brown on the other side.  Then let it come to room temp.  THIS is how I enjoy eating the eggs.  At room temp.  I also cooked the egg, sausage, onion, kale, peppers and cheese mixture with the lid on the pan which made it all "puffy". I think, technically, this is supposed to be top browned in the oven.  I am not turning on the oven.  I am back to eating Egg Beaters.

I plan to get dressed and visit the bank, library and Target.  I want to buy striped Halloween costume socks to wear to work.  I want orange and black stripes and black and white stripes.  Then I'll roll the cuffs of my pants to show off my stripes.  I also have to do some work getting ready to teach the Compost class this Saturday.  I love compost.

G just came home from work.  Sick to his stomach.  Just like yesterday.  I wonder if it's a reaction to the flu shot he got on Thursday.   He's in bed.  Miserable.  I don't have anything to give him.  My own tummy has felt queasy the last two days.  Wonder what it is????

No comments: