Sunday, September 30, 2012

Sunday Morning

Work was slow but warm (the heaters were turned on) and my class was smaller than usual but nice just the same.  A customer (an old friend from the days we mentored in the Middle School) stopped in for flowers and mentioned seeing my Carrots at the 10 by10.  She said they were "stunning" and so vibrant in color and texture.  I was speechless.  So many blessings coming from that 10 inch square of fabric and stitch.  They must have already been purchased by the time she saw them.  Now, I wish I had taken a second, non-blurry photograph of them.  I had settled down to thinking I would have the carrots back, unsold.  So this is all rather splendid in it's "surprise".

I never made it to the actual 10 by 10 reception on Friday (though I had been looking forward to it as a  rare social occasion).  I had spent the morning with G in the ER with G getting two bags of IV solution.  After taking him home, taking the dog to Doggie Day Care and then stopping at Walmart to drop off his prescription for an anti nausea medication, I went to work. After a long, cold, damp day: pick up the dog, drive to Walmart,  drive home in rain (new wipers doing a perfect job) and by then it was after 6:30 and the reception had started at 5.  Parking would be a problem and I was exhausted and had prep to do for my class.  So I missed it and was in bed by 10.

Monday (tomorrow) will be a busy day.  There is the reveal for the 12 by 20 Maverick block and I will be delivering the "new" Spooky House to the Town library for display for October.  I decided five years was long enough to hold a grudge for losing my job there.  And, my new job makes me much happier than that job did (at the end).

I am certainly making changes, aren't I?

My Master Gardener Friend & Classmate, Patty, dropped off a grocery bag of peaches off her tree.  I have been enjoying the sliced fresh peaches in my daily yogurt for lunch for the past two days.  So delicious.  And I have been taking the time to make myself a "frittata/omelet" each morning (packed and taken to work to eat there after I water) even though I have not been as good about preparing a good dinner for myself.  Usually it's a few big scoops of peanut butter.   The garden produced a small bagful of cucumbers (remember I wished I could have one more bowl of cucumber salad?), many green peppers and more spaghetti squash.  I collected the final few tomatoes.  I think I will make a pot of vegetable soup today.  The largest cabbage cracked open.  I should have pulled it a few days ago.  Too much going on and I forgot.  I think I can salvage some chunks of cabbage for soup.  The rest will go into the compost.

I made up two of my low carb "biscuits" so I will have something to eat today.  Perhaps with soup.  It's cold outside and raining so I am glad I did all that planting last weekend but wish I had actually gotten everything in the ground.  I still have a few sedum, a rose, a peony and some rue to plant before the ground freezes.  But not today.  Today I can make art and fire up the glue gun to do some minor repairs on my Spooky House.  And look for the Halloween Quilt.  And the tarantula I never remembered to sew onto the treat bag on the quilt.  And shirts to iron.

I think this week was my 7th Blog-o-versary.  Seven years.  Thank you for Reading!!!!

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

Seven years, wow, you have me beat by about five. I'm curious about the 10 by 10 you talked about. I remember you talking about it before, but it flew right out of my mind.