Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Ten Good Things

One:  I realized, at dinner last night, that I see my days at work as "days off" from the struggles to get everything done here at home.  Work is a place for me to rest and relax.  Wow.

Two:  Re-united with my flannel pajamas last evening.  So comfortable for television watching and reading, and falling asleep while doing both.

Three:  Making the bed in the morning.  Pulling the sheets tight.  Fluffing the pillows.

Four:  Grinding fresh beans for the morning coffee.

Five: A glass of red wine with my restaurant dinner last night.

Six:  A very good book.  Hypothermia by Arnaldur Indridason

Seven:  A long sleeved (white) tee and a beautiful grey cashmere sweater as my Fall warm up outfit. Pants are either pajama bottoms, black knit pants, blue jeans or green corduroy slacks.  Warmer than the flannel shirt.  So soft.

Eight:  Slippers

Nine:  Plenty of really hot water when I take my shower.  Fantastic.

Ten:  It's not raining (right now)