Sunday, September 18, 2011

It's My Birthday Kitty Kat

My daughter helped me dig around in the toy box in the garage and she found all the Hello Kitty toys (I have limited patience).  I have two Kitty wrist bracelets.  One with blue ribbon is on my wrist as I type. I'm calling her Birthday Kitty. I used to have a huge Hello Kitty Doll and hope that someday I will find her in a box up in the attic.  I hate to think I gave her away.

Today has been quite lovely.  Nice emails from blog friends.  A long, sweet phone call from my son in California.  Toy box digging with my daughter.  Raspberry picking with my best dog Riley.  I was smarter this time and didn't set the raspberry basket down on the ground while I continued  to pick.  The basket was empty and Riley was smiling when I came back with a handful of berries that first time.  When I placed the basket on the cucumber trellis--Riley grumbled and left the garden.  He was only there for the raspberries.

I realized, at noon, that we didn't have any "food" for my birthday dinner so I rushed off to the grocery to buy a chuck pot roast and it is slowly getting tender in the oven.  I also bought three potatoes so G can have mashed potatoes with his pot roast.  I have the second half of a cabbage in my fridge (grown in my very own garden) which will soon become a very mayo cole slaw.  My favorite Birthday Dinner.  Pot Roast, Gravy and Cole Slaw.  No mash for me.  But I intend to make and eat a low carb Chocolate Cakelet later and make a wish when I blow out my candle.

I spent most of yesterday on the couch.  I woke up sneezing and had to medicate myself and that made me sleepy so I slept most of the morning and afternoon.  Waking up to eat and then sleeping some more.  I did manage to read the 19th book in the Cadfael series between naps and only have number 20 left.  I don't think there are any more.  I wish there was a Masterpiece Theater on PBS but our local is showing something else.  Boo!!

If today is any indicator of how my 65th year will be--- wow, it's going to be amazing!

6 comments:

MariMo said...

Happy birthday - many happy returns! Hugs, Mom

Paula, the quilter said...

Happy Birthday! Enjoy your special day.

Gerrie said...

Hippo birdy two ewes! Oh, to be 65, again!!

Terry Grant said...

Happy Birthday! Your day sounds lovely. I think I can smell your pot roast cooking. Oh no, that's MY pot roast! Must be a pot roast day on both coasts.

Diane Perin said...

Happy birthday Joanne!

gema said...

Can't imagine I missed your birthday...the day I didn't read your blog. Happy belated Birthday Joanne. May good Karma be with you always!
Gema