Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Imagination

This magazine picture has been on my desk for a week now.  I bumped up the color because I like an orange based picture on the new blog background.  I cut this image from the magazine, for my daughter.  She needs a built in set up for all the books she owns.  And it needs to be painted white.  Her house is small and dark brown book cases are rather overwhelming.  Her boyfriend has worked as a carpenter.  I think he should be helpful and build the book cases.  That's what I think.  Let's leave it at that.

This staycation has been problematic for me.  I am tired. Sleepy. Not much interested in the various outdoor (dirty) chores that G is working on.  Once I get out there and help; I am okay with it.  Getting me out there is getting more difficult each passing day.  I do have five newly trimmed windows to prime and paint.  I have a great deal more wall paper to pull off the walls.  I have a set of vintage maple twin beds to strip and refinish (from my childhood).  Walls to paint.  Miles to go.

I am not eating enough, often enough.  I am tired of all the food items that usually were "good enough" in the last five months.  Now, I am tired of them and want something different.  I know I want soups and chili but the carb content is keeping me away so far.  And I like tiny pasta or beans in my soups.   I know I can make my Vegetable Soup right now.  Green beans, carrots, onion, zucchini and tomatoes are all coming out of my garden right now.  And the cabbages I harvested are in the fridge.  All I need is BACON!!!

On that note, I am off to clean myself up (we've been digging) and get to the bank, library, haircut and then to the grocery for a few needed items.  Like BACON!!

2 comments:

Terry Grant said...

I love that room in the photo and I love BACON! You gave me everything I needed today.

gema said...

If you asked for my opinion, but I know you didn't! I'd tell you to get off the Aitkens diet. Like right now!

Did I even spell that 'name' right? Don't know...but if you need a good diet, I could send you one. I don't diet because I last a day or two and then forget that I am dieting...lol.