Friday, September 23, 2011

A Good Day For A Long Nap

Riley had a busy day yesterday, as did I, and we both need a bit of "downtime" to recoup.  Riley had a long walk in the woods, in yesterday's rain.  I spent that same rainy time, out in the perennial yard for the annual "draw everything in tight" and "cut everything down" day.  Usually, I have help.  The Yard looked good when I looked back over my work from the parking lot.  I may need to tweak a few of the Iris so all the leaves are EXACTLY the same height.  That's how I roll.  At least I didn't snip my finger tip this year.

PLENTY of HOT water for my after work shower.  And we needed only 60 gallons of oil for the summer usage.  Instead of 150.  So the new furnace system is paying it's way already.  I won't be turning on the radiators for another 6 to 8 weeks.  That's what sweaters and socks are for in late autumn and early spring. I do my best to conserve oil.

Had my breakfast while watching Survivor on the computer.  We forgot to watch it Wednesday night (being 65 has already eroded my memory capacities).  I also have Project Runway to watch.  Last night we sampled "Person of Interest".  Very expensive production.  And we got to see the trailer for the US version of "Girl WithThe Dragon Tattoo".  Can't wait.  I had to do some major reshuffling of my TiVo Season Passes in order to get everything recorded that we want to sample last night.  We are giving the original CSI another chance now that the black guy is gone and Ted Danson is on.  I fell asleep a few times during CSI and was surprised, when I woke up, that it was still on.  Could it be that boring?  Yes, I think so.

I have a short trip into town on my agenda.  The library, the resale shop and Coldwater Creek for Spanx and to try on the new style of jeans with the short four inch zipper.  The Spanx because certain areas of my body are never going to get smaller and I need to "compress" those areas with Spanx.  Just like the movie stars do.  You do know they (movie stars) use a "fresh" pair every time for major compression?

The Blazer is almost ready to button, loose. (it already buttons looser than last month but not falling free over the hips)  Another two or three weeks.  I spent time this morning trying things on.  The circle skirt buttoned and zipped but would look best with some Spanx support in the tummy and saddlebag areas.  I'd also like one of those wrap around belts so I can wear my favorite size 20 wool blazer as a wrap (both sides folded over each other in front) with the belt to hold it closed.  I want it as a fall/winter coat type item.  And I am tempted by the ruffled edge sweaters I see in all the magazines.  In a golden yellow.

My clothing isn't color or style co-ordinated so it is difficult to pull together a "look" when nothing really fits together.  My best look is a pair of black knit pants and a work shirt.

I'm teaching a class in Composting tomorrow at 10 am and then I am working in the Tree & Shrub area of the business.  Which is something where I am VERY WEAK in knowledge.  So Saturday will be a struggle.  I will do the best I can and the boss will have to pitch in.

Riley will be wanting lunch and a 3 mile walk.  When was I going to take that nap?

No comments: