Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Welcome To Our Circus

I know it's fuzzy but we are in between rain storms and the light in here is dubious for picture taking.  The sky behind the greenhouse turned this awesome dark blue.  A great fabric or paint color but scary when it's the sky.  And it rained in waves of increasing intensity.  Inside and outside as the roof vents on the greenhouse were open. And I had phone calls to answer.  The phone is on the wall next to the door, in the rain and lightning. The loader boys reported that there was a nice, fast river of water running across the parking lot. I had hoped the rain would also fall here at my house.  And the evidence, a full to the top dog water bowl, suggests that it did indeed rain here.


Riley and I have been invited to a party at doggie day care tomorrow.  A "celebrity" dog (from the summer musical theater production of Annie) will be there and hot dogs and dog cookies are being served.  Riley has also been invited to join some other dogs in the "play pool" on hot days at day care.  I said he could, knowing he would NEVER, but it's always good to let him try new things (ha!).  Riley does enjoy getting a new dog toy.  But that's about it. At first I thought they were inviting him to participate in a "pool" of the gambling type.  Which was sort of an interesting idea.

The sun is now shining.  I may go out and check the garden for cucumbers and squash. Those little devils grow huge overnight.

One of the college summer workers brought in a huge cake to share.  It's half of the Groom's cake from his sister's wedding on the weekend.  Chocolate.  I brought a huge piece home for G.  In other interesting news, this college kid "got lucky" with one of the bridesmaids.  And, of course, told people at work because guys are the biggest chatterboxes on EARTH.  Big mistake.  Let the games begin.  It's August and we needed something to make coming to work interesting.  The mums are arriving soon.  Then Halloween.

I am now frustrated and annoyed with this new operating system and the Trackpad which has just managed to remove this post four times in a row.  Enough.  If I stop now, I may not throw the Track pad in the garbage can where it belongs.

No comments: