Sunday, August 28, 2011

Slow- A -Cane

Woke up, in the dark, to roaring rain.  Then nothing.  And we've had nothing but light rain and breezy winds since 8 am when we all got up.  The dog was restless.  The restaurant was calling with updates.

I have no idea if this is all there is going to be.  I expected more rain.  But, it's still just centered on Boston, so things could change in the next few hours.  I have one load of whites done and will be ironing shirts while I have power.   G has taken the dog for his walk in the woods.  I really don't like it when Fox News gets it right.  They kept saying "much ado about nothing" and it looks like that is what Irene became.  A storm, yes, but that's about all.  Flooding is part of a rain storm.  Always has been.

It just now, started to rain a bit harder.  Still no wind.

My class yesterday was delightful.  The hour breezed by. Everyone, including me, enjoyed the experience. The remainder of the day was DEAD.  Even the 3:30 start of the Blue Angels wasn't interesting.  I think the roadblocks and traffic around the base entrance stopped most of our customers.  They didn't want to get blocked.   I had to travel past the base to get home.  Traffic coming from town was in a long, stalled line all the way into town.  I was driving the opposite direction so it was only a bit delayed as the police directed traffic (turned the traffic lights off).

G got home very late.  We had leftover pizza (his with every kind of meat from the deli) and mine the zucchini crust.  I served the homemade marinara sauce for dipping.  It was good.  I was very tired.  We went to bed earlier than usual.

I'm going to go do my ironing.  Read my book.  And will let you know tomorrow if we get anything more than rain.  Stay safe if you are on the East Coast.

No comments: