Monday, August 01, 2011

Picking Raspberries

Somehow we got the raspberry bushes confused.  I usually get raspberries in late August and September, but yesterday I picked about a cup of raspberries.  Not big ones.  But tasty.  I also picked another full tray of blueberries which are in the freezer.  I am also picking calendula blossoms for the salve I intent to make when I have enough dry petals.  It's supposed to be an excellent first aid salve for burns, cuts, rashes etc.

I changed the bed sheets, paid the bills, sent G to the bank with six of my paychecks to deposit, returned library books and picked up new books we had on reserve.  I now have three excellent books in my stack.  I plan to read the Zen books by Dibdin.  There are eleven.  Best of all, they are written in a style very much like the Wallander books.  How wonderful is that?  I think I will save them for the winter.  And spend this winter reading about Rome.  Since the new TiVo system has a great capacity to store things; I now have the three Zen programs from Masterpiece Mystery "saved" so I can watch them in the cold, dark of winter.

The window guy is coming over right now to measure things.

G is watering the vegetable garden (with his iPod earbuds) and Riley is chewing a tree branch.  G and I will be going out for lunch when he's finished in the garden.  It's sunny, hot and perfect weather for "doing not much of anything".

1 comment:

dee said...

so great to find a series of books that you can dig into.
I really like the pics from yesterday. That sunny yellow is very pretty. It's really hot here-hoping for a break tomorrow.