Tuesday, January 13, 2009

You've Seen This Before

So don't get all excited. I found all the spare parts for this and will be tying them to the larger bit and then putting some borders on it and calling it a baby quilt. Then I'll have to be on the look out for a baby. Could also become a pillow case.

G & I had a "day out" yesterday. Like the good old days when we had time and money to spend. We pretended to have money to spend. After an hour wait at the local Social Security Office (where G and I felt totally out of sync with the population), I got my name corrected (after 40 years) and got my dad's 1099 for 2008; we went to the Art Supply Store and I had a wonderful time selecting $55 worth of supplies.

I bought a large box of Sculpey so I can finish my doll. I was reading Judy Wise's blog and she is making the most fantastic little dolls. So I wanted to try. I also needed to make three legs for two Fairy type things (I think they may be Christmas ornaments?). I got them on sale because one had no legs and one had one leg. Now I have baked Sculpey replacement legs for them and a head for my doll. I really need to find some masking tape for the doll body. And I need to find the old toaster oven to bake it in.

After the art supply shopping we went to a very late lunch at Macaroni Grill and then to Whole Foods. I again wished I had the unlimited $$$$'s to actually shop there on a regular basis. The vegetables are so beautiful. The cheeses so delicious. And the spices are so inexpensive compared to my local grocery. I bought oranges, spices, cheese and coffee. They had the cherry red Crocs I have been wanting but I refused to spend the money when I have 50% off pink Crocs still new and unused for spring at the greenhouse.

We might go back after I get a few unemployment checks. Haven't got any yet.

Riley and I had a lovely walk today and then we played hide and seek. I hide and he runs in a big circle like a crazy dog until he is panting and foaming at the mouth. This seems to be something dogs enjoy. He does look forward to it each day after the walk. And since all I have to do is pretend to hide-- I'm good with it.

No list of five things to do today so I'm kind of procrastinating. I did make the bed, walk the dog, take a shower and blog. We're having grilled steaks, baked potatoes and salads for dinner tonight. Three hours till G gets home so plenty of time to work on the studio. Or read.

Also: I need to create a new file for my pictures, the one I am using is getting all weird (running in the header of my laptop where it doesn't belong) and not scrolling. G and I don't remember how we set the original up so there will lots of arguing while we try to make a new file. He wants me to use some sort of file stick. I'm also thinking about buying a new camera that takes better pictures (in spite of me) and has neat features to make the pictures look "exciting". Sam has a neat camera. I could give it a spin to see if I like it. G has a nice one he never uses so that's a choice also.

What's Good Today: 30 degrees. Simon Baker on the Mentalist. My lunch of roasted butternut squash (from my own garden), hummus and lots of dark green romaine in a wrap.

1 comment:

Annie said...

OMG, don't you just love that Simon Baker in "Mentalist"? He is just soooo yummy - that smile sustains me for hours after the show is over and gives me a warm glow.I've never seen such a pretty smile on a man.

OK,I'll shut up, but I could go on forever about him. You are the first person I've been aware of that has even mentioned him.

Oh yuh, I like that baby quilt in the pic. Donate it to Project Linus if you can't find another baby.That is where my quilt endeavors go right now. I love making kiddie quilts.

Stay warm,
: )