Friday, January 09, 2009

Focus

I am having trouble staying focused on work. There was a very expensively printed Thos. Moser catalog in the mail today and I sat and tore it up and collaged a few pages in my journal with the images. Hard to paste expensive papers but lots of fun to hand rip as the paper has layers. I was supposed to be cleaning my room.

G is now back at work. He is actually working in a business we used to own. Deja vu, all over again. Well, the part where he is working used to be ours, the rest wasn't. There were customers that greeted him with a "hey, you're back!" He seems to be okay with it and even amused by it all. That's an improvement. The dog was happy to see him come home from work and G had lots of stories to tell about his day. So dinner was interesting and delicious. I made pizza. Mine was whole wheat with veggies and not much cheese. His had all the cheese and pepperoni.

Riley and I have now walked out on our own three times and we are still working on a walking relationship. He was used to G and now has to accommodate me again. I don't know where all his new favorite "spots" are yet. We are having some "not so happy" moments in the house also as I refuse to nap on the dog bed with him like G does. I also do chores like laundry and cooking which don't revolve around him. There's a great deal of "sighing".

I tried to change the address of my father's Social Security account so I would get his 1099 in the mail. It will go to his house and then be returned to Social Security as they do not forward the SS mail. I need the 1099 for his income tax return. The "helpful" agent says I have to take myself all the way to Portland along with every possible original document I can think they might possibly need to see (what could they need? No answer) in order to have them "pull up" his file and copy the 1099 for me. I was going to attempt to correct my middle initial on my Social Security card but....... I'll need all kinds of other original certificates for that transaction. I have to wait for G to have a day off so we can drive the 30 miles into town.

I haven't been doing very well with the idea of a daily "to do" list and therefore have not been getting much done. Today I walked the dog and took a shower. There was breakfast and lunch and some blog reading and journal writing but that isn't really WORK GETTING DONE. Oh, I did start a load of whites in the washing machine, made the bed and plan to make a vegetable chowder for G to eat when he comes home at 7.

And I got the clock to keep ticking. Literally. It kept stopping.

And I swept the floor.

But I am having trouble staying on task. It even took two tries to get dressed today and I am having second thoughts on what I have on.

I will not turn on the television as that will be the end of all purposeful endeavor. I will also not begin or finish a Suduko puzzle until after 6 pm.

What I should be doing, want to be doing, is work on clearing a space to walk in my studio. It is so frigging cluttered that there isn't even room in there to turn around without dumping something over. I know I mentioned doing a fabric piece once a month or something like that but REALLY people, there's no where to work! And no where to move stuff so I can begin organizing it all. Frustrating. Small steps. One square yard of clear floorspace.

3 comments:

Deborah Boschert said...

Me too. I'm unfocused and distracted.

Actually, I think your accomplishments for the day are pretty good. Don't be too hard on yourself.

I like the idea of a monthly project. There is still time.

Life Scraps and Patches said...

Small steps is exactly how I do it, too. Just a little. You'll get there.

Annie said...

Yuh, what is it with this unfocused thing? I had the same kind of day Friday, I started so many tasks, not to finish anything. I ended up reading blogs most of the day.

We recently acquired a treadmill - so far so good,it being a new toy,my dh and I are walking regularly.I still plan to walk outside, but it's great for these dangerous winter days.

Got a chuckle out of your "not so happy moments" between you and Riley, cute!

Pleased to read your dh is back to work and happy with it. My dh was retired for about a year and has now found a part time job that keeps him busy and content.

: )