Saturday, January 03, 2009

3 January 09

I left the house today. I left the house today to go shopping. Not for groceries. My daughter and I drove north to Augusta and to a large mall and we looked at stuff. Amazing, after so many months of not shopping, to actually "shop".

I came home with two white Gap long sleeve tees. Very happy. Can have one to wear to work everyday (when I go back in March). Also, gorgeous flannel pajama pants. Blue plaid. I found a nice pair of warm gloves and a red coffee cup with a coffee label to make a 6th in my set of faux vintage coffee label cups on the hanging cup rack. It always bothers me when I only have 5 and there are 6 hooks. Now I can be bothered by something else.

We had lunch at Red Robin. I had the classic bacon cheeseburger and Sam had the Royal Red Robin with the fried egg. They were very busy which is always nice to see these days.

What's Good: All those good wishes and thoughts did the trick. So thank you to everyone! G starts his new job on Wednesday. Full time with benefits. He's going back to what he knows best of all (that's a hint for those readers who know him). And I'm going back to being the dog walker. Poor Riley! He was loving having G take him for his walk each morning. Lots of treats. I need to get back to daily exercise, so this is a very good thing (I did have that bacon cheeseburger).

Tomorrow I take the Christmas Tree down and pack all the ornaments away again. My tree was even more beautiful than usual and I will miss it's twinkly lights in the living room. I find I love having twinkly lights all around the house and I especially like candles in squat crystal glasses on the table tops. So romantic when we have dinner guests.

I'm going to unpack my shopping packages and touch all my new things. And find an equal number of old things to take to Goodwill.

3 comments:

MariMo said...

What wonderful news. Congratulations to you and G - what a great way to start 2009, full time with benefits! You say it in this blog on another "case" but I like to apply it here nevertheless: "now you can be bothered by something else." Happy bothering. Hugs - mom

Deborah Boschert said...

Wonderful. I bet you found some great sales too.

I hope my amaryllis isn't blooming while I'm away.

Del said...

Great news about husband's job. Not so good news about the meal at Red Robin! Don't be like Oprah and lose a lot of weight and then gain it back, only to try to lose it again. Walk that dog!