Sunday, January 20, 2008

Sunday- Misfortune

What a difference a day makes. Yesterday in the forties and today--well, it was very cold and windy out there. Yesterday I also tripped on my YakTrax and fell-- hitting my knees and my eyebrow on the asphalt. I was dusted with road sand and grit. I am SO over this falling down stuff. And on DRY pavement which is insult to injury!!!! I took a pain pill as soon as I got home so no sore muscles after an hour or two. And no trouble sleeping.

I found a street without ice so we are walking there until things melt on our regular walk.

And today when I went to thread my embroidery needle I found it missing. I looked all over, vacuumed and checked the floor as best I could with not being able to kneel on the floor. No needle. So it is safe to assume it fell off the table and the dog swallowed it. He is having no problems eating or swallowing so I will wait 48 hours to see if anything works it's way "out". The website said that the throat was the most serious site of injury. Of course, if he acts like something hurts we'll get him X-rayed. He eats so many sharp objects. Wood shards.

What's Good Today: Chinese Lunch was great today. Very good rice and excellent consistency to the sweet and sour sauce. We brought take out back for G and he is eating his General Tso while watching the Patriots (who may win?). Did WIN!!!!

What's Not: The missing sewing needle. Riley eating frozen dog poop on our walk today (a first). Ick. Why do they do this?????? In fact, he was bouncing around like a rubber ball and eating everything he could find: leaves, sticks, poop, coffee cups, pinecones, mail stuck to the ice, paper bags and chunks of street ice. A chewing machine. And then still had room for lunch and dinner. And he tried to hump the neighbor's dog. Another first. Riley must have entered his teens overnight? Sounds more like a midlife crisis.


No comments: