Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Spring Momentarily

Tuesday the weather was positively Spring-like. I walked around town in just a short sleeved tee and pullover sweater. One of my favorite Christmas gifts. A gray cashmere I found at a resale shop. So light, warm and cozy. Yummy. I was tempted to put the convertible top down. But decided to back into another car instead. Yep! No harm done. But for a few moments there I was near tears.

Since it was warm--I turned the furnace OFF at home and opened all the windows to air out the house. Return oxygen to the air and freshen all the surfaces (I also sprayed everything with Febreze) and then Riley and I went out for a walk. I snapped digital pictures of snow boot impressions to use to cut stamps.

Riley has made shredded fabric out of all his toys this month (his Christmas present is a sorry pile of thread). His jaws are getting VERY strong and he has chewed and picked apart fabric with his teeth until he has very little left in the way of toys. Even the Kong toys are giving up. He tried to carry a curbside Christmas tree home. And today he carried a big chunk of asphalt around for most of our morning walk. I have no idea how we will provide him with toys now. He still has the real bone I got from the butcher and chews on it vigorously. I gave him a Ziggy today which promised "hours of chewing and clean teeth" when inserted in a Kong. One minute. Gone. Any advice?

My doctor's visit went very well. All I need to do is knock off another 2 pounds and I will have reached 80 pounds lost . Staple my feet to the floor and call me happy!

4 comments:

gema said...

You have done so very well with your diet. I have been reading from your very first day up to now. You need a massive pat on your back and a vacation to a nice spa for a week or two. You did so well. You don't know me but I am proud of you.
BTW, I love your quilts too.

Annie said...

I'm enjoying this respite from nasty weather too,but I guess this is the end as some bad weather is predicted for tomorrow.(fri)

I get such a kick out of Riley's escapades....so cute!

Congrats again on the weight loss.

A fellow Mainer,
Annie
: )

Leanne Hurren said...

Have you tried the black kongs? THey are meant to be for strong chewers and are what we give to Vince. Butcher's marrow bones are the best - they're like valium to Vince! lol

Joei Rhode Island said...

Hi Fellow New Englander...
I enjoy reading your blog so much...not just "the world is the most beautiful place' but a real person!!

Congratulations on your weight loss!!!

Your walks with Riley inspire me to try to walk daily with my dogs...I have a 5 month old pup.

Joei
Rhode Island