Friday, January 25, 2008

Seven Degrees

But the sun is shining. Riley is ringing the bell on the door--wanting to go for a walk. I am contemplating the level of layers needed to make this walk. Now why didn't we schedule day care for today?

Yesterday G and I took a few bags of things to Goodwill and did NOT go out to lunch. We need to stop eating out as that is the only part of our monthly budget we have any control over. So we returned home and I made homemade pizzas. They were outrageously delicious. In answer to G's question "what did you do different?" Nothing. Who knows what changes from time to time? I don't. Perhaps we were just "ready" to love the pizza.

Today I am trying eggplant again. Hoping to recreate the wonder of the eggplant we had a few months ago. Last week I burnt the slices to a crisp in the oven. Charcoal chips.

I had only a quarter of my whole wheat, onion and Kalamata olive pizza and had a salad of baby spring greens with olive oil and a clementine squeezed over. Fantastic. There may be other stuff in the original recipe but this is enough goodness for me. Toss the leaves in really good olive oil and then squeeze the clementine over. Some salt and pepper. You can also peel and toss the segments of another clementine in with the lettuce. Bitter balanced against sweet.

My daughter wants to drive to Whole Foods tomorrow to get containers of fried/dried green bean and carrot snack chips. I will probably go with her and get some pancetta. G says he saw it in the deli case. It freezes well.

Layering Up!

1 comment:

dee said...

Your pizza sounds really wonderful. I love Kalamata olives.
I was thinking about your ?? yesterday re-the washer/dryer. Can't really help you there. Ours was built in to the master bath upstairs. Hubby thought(correctly)that it would be good for my bad back not to have to drag stuff up basement stairs.