Thursday, January 31, 2008

Feel Joy

Pictures tomorrow--I've misplaced my camera!

Today was a splendid surprise! I was all prepared for just a regular day with G (his day off) but it turned out so much better. My son in California sent an email with a link to a flicker slideshow from the Tokyo Quilt Show to start my day off. What a treat.

G and I went out to lunch. Yes, I wrote about not going out so much but my husband loves to eat out and I try to acomodate this love on his day off. We went to the local favorite 111 Maine Street. Delicious. And G had Lemon Ricotta Cheesecake for dessert with Wicked Joe's Big House French Press Coffee. We sat in the front window and the sun warmed my face as we watched the traffic on foot and wheels go past. Small Town Life.

I had dropped off three more large bags of clothing from my closet (how is it possible that there is still that much in there???) for Goodwill and after lunch dropped off the "good stuff" to the local consignment shop. Olive and Laura were so sweet. They said I looked "tiny". I have been dropping off clothes (and weight) during the past year so they have seen me at all my "sizes". We had such a fun conversation.

I was even more surprised and happy later in the day to see I had been made a "Friend of 12 by 12" on their blog site. What a thrill. Now I have to get my chocolate piece finished!!!! I went up into the cold storage area and found my Dandelion quilt and will photograph it and the finished Chocolate tomorrow. I hadn't seen the Dandelion in so long--forgot how nice it is. I USED to do really nice work! LOL

You'll see---tomorrow!

No comments: