Tuesday, July 02, 2024

Summer Notes- Tuesday, July 2nd. 9:16 am- 72 degrees- sunshine...AC units running.


 So...Summer has Arrived in Maine.  I have sprayed my ankles with Stem insecticide.  Uncovered the planters- checked the headlines in the Morning Paper......haven't tackled the Keurig as yet.  Or decided if it's a cold cereal day or an oatmeal day.  Leaning toward the oats.

Cooked yesterday....was interesting.  Been awhile since I made that particular meal.......prior to that...was Thanksgiving and Christmas food...and the Sunday Pizza.  And the Occasional Winter- Soup (prior to the supposed death of the stove).  I tend to "cook" things in the Toaster Oven.  Mostly toast. or Hot Dogs. Or Toast with cheese melted on top (added pickles).....

We exist on prepared meals, yogurt (me), peanut butter, bread and fruit.  I have one tomato left and some bread.  It's Tuesday and groceries won't be bought till Friday.  Son says I am living on CARBS and not having ANY Protein.  True.  I rarely if ever eat meat.  Though I do love pulled pork.

This is not a "New Widow Thing".  This is how I have been eating thru out the Decent into Dementia with husband.  Years....I try and think back to the day he failed every test with the Neurologist.  LONG BEFORE last October.  The day I decided to stick with him at home and do what I could to make his life simple and stress free.  The day I actually mourned his loss.   Years before he set fire to the riding lawn mower while still sitting on it....etc.  Before everything.

It was a long and lonely journey.

So....I watched Bones....I saw my absolute favorite episode.  The Finder. 


No comments: