Thursday, July 04, 2024

Summer Notes- Thursday July 4th. The Air is Still, Silent. 66 degrees


 I am "trying" to delete the images as I use them...I will make mistakes...incase this has been here already. I like this one and spent TIME on it.  The lines of Sharpie Black Ink.

Silence.  There is usually a Parade in Town.  Things are different now.  In years past, Fireworks that scared the Dog.   But I have no recent memory of them...so perhaps no noise in the dark tonight.

I finished my book......I search my own library..and found one or two other books by this author.  They will be ready for pick up tomorrow.  Five books I have selected...ready for pickup.  I still have five on the book shelf--- as yet unread.

I slept well.  this morning after washing my face and brushing my teeth- I wet my hair and parted it in the middle...it will take a while for my hair to get used to this new parting.  Long ago, my hair grew very very long- heavy and no curl.  In other years it was just touching my shoulders and was a wild mass of curls. I keep hoping it will return to that....right now the ends are curling... Only the ends.

I shared my news of the Honda Car working again with a friend out on the islands....she wants me to drive to her house....on a curving 2 lane road of speeding trucks and cars.... the pavement etched with tire marks 

She has an extra pot plant....legally you can have three.  This one is the Fourth.  Of July.

Couldn't help myself....


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know from reading your blog fairly regularly that you have decided to let your hair grow long . I always think, when you mention your hair , (and I am a woman of the same age as you ) that a haircut for me is so therapeutic, can change my whole outlook , better than chocolate, better than a good book, better than a visit with a dear friend , better than a session with a good therapist ....