Saturday, July 27, 2024

Summer Notes- Saturday, July 27th. Sunshine. 78 degrees and 51% humidity. Very Nice.


 Circle number two.  I watched the opening ceremony...OMG.  Endless and so weird.  It reminded me of an art project in college....a team effort...we had a large box and several layers of things that popped up and out of the box (not all at once) with strings etc- and balloons that floated up at the very end.  Big Music.  Operatic.  

It was definitely WEIRD (the Box).......and so was Paris.  The Singing at the end though...I repeated that over and over- so beautiful.  We had good music at the end of the Box thing as well,, as the balloons went up into the sky.  I was "that weird girl".......... some things never change.

In the newspaper- empty (ish) planes coming into Paris- due to fares in the thousands, no hotels, no taxi- streets closed off for this opening mess so restaurants are having a bad week (no taxi).  Rain.  The Eiffel Tower was magnificent. Last time I saw it in person it was rusting and if you stood near it birds pooped on you.  And the trains...who is to blame???  The kids and I took the train from Frankfurt to Paris...in the mid 1980's.  It was lovely.  I always think that we should have taken the train more places.

I think even now birds would poop on you...so very French.

Well, today.....sun is shining....I am reading a new to me old book.  The nerve in my hip is still going off randomly--  my shoulder/neck muscles are a bit stiff..  I'm OLD.  My coffee needs a warm up and then an hour or more of reading.... wondering what's happening next. "Thanks for the Memories". Celia Ahern.



No comments: