Tuesday, February 20, 2024

Winter Notes- Tuesday February 20th. Sunshine and 27 degrees.


 Red Bud.

We sold quite a few of these in my Greenhouse Working Days.  A very very pretty Spring Flowering Tree. I never actually bought one for myself as our lot is quite packed with trees....none of them very pretty but they are tall and expensive to have removed.....

If husband and I had our way (and any money in the first 10 years- we did NOT), this yard would have been mistaken for a Botanical Garden.

This red bud would have been down the yard near the road, the sidewalk wrapping it like the walk in the picture.  Next Life...if I can remember.

My new frames are quite remarkable....not the look but the fit....the tech bent that one side arm and it really changes everything.  I no longer have to tilt my head to the right.

Son is busy trying to dig something "too thick" out of the shredder....I have it unplugged.  I was going to say "never a dull day" but quite a few of them are significantly dull.  I paid two bills today.  And I believe that is the extent of my responsibilities today.

I finished reading Unfortunately Yours and it was very very good.  Today's book is Love Her or Lose Her. I was going to re- read Chef's Choice but...I am not in the mood for it.  February is coming to an end and the book a day might also be on it's way to the end...at least for awhile.  I can't say for sure.

I might want to be be doing something else.. I gave just 4 minutes to thinking about learning to knit..taking a walk to the end the the street and back is another thinking point- but not when it's 27 degrees.  One more bowl of oatmeal and I will have to find new things for Thursday and Friday breakfast.  I do have Bran Flakes.

The shredder is fixed.

4 comments:

Life Scraps and Patches said...

In Kentucky the red buds fill the hillsides beside the roads, it's glorious. There is also a white red bud, but it isn't nearly as common.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on getting your glasses problem solved so quickly . I just got a new pair myself, tortoise shell Ann Taylor frames .... am hoping they elevate my style . 😉

Joanne S said...

Oh, I will now be waiting for the end of aerial and my ye exam and new lenses and frames.....
I hope they have something wonderful for me to choose.

Joanne S said...

Excuse the typos--I didn't check before hitting publish.