Sunday, February 04, 2024

Winter Notes- Bright sunshine here in Maine and 28 degrees- Reading Tom Lake.


 You all know I can't pass up a photo of French Onion Soup.  This was in my morning mail. Yummy.

Tom Lake.  A 7 day book from the library Best Sellers bookcase.  Not what I thought it would be. But I like it.  It's not a page turner though.  Slow going.  Rarely does a book take me two full days.

I tucked a few of Husband's unused Word Search books into my Library Bag- I leave them on the Exchange Window Sill at the Library. Next to the Take One Magazine Rack where people drop off magazines..... and near the Library Doesn't Want These Books Anymore rolling cart.  I would always get a book or two when they were disposing of Fiction.....not so much with Non-Fiction.

I watched MSNBC for awhile last evening..... disturbing...very disturbing.  I recall reading something regarding this area of the world......... how civilization ends or something.  I can't recall it exactly but it seems to be heading that way.  again.

I baked two of my sweet potatoes yesterday, late afternoon- while reading.....I ate both with butter and slivers of cheese melting into the potatoes.  Delicious.  It's possibly my favorite supper these days.

I watched the first of the Jane Austen Style Movies on Hallmark last evening.  It was okay.  There are two more I think- perhaps four but I can't find a fourth one.   It makes me want to read the Beauty Queen rom com which has a "Mr Darcy" as one of the judges.... I really liked that book.  But I must push ahead with Tom Lake before Library Day.  (when ever that is as we are off schedule here....)


No comments: