Saturday, February 17, 2024

Winter Notes- Saturday, February 17th. Partly sunny with 32 degrees


 Water Lily.   There was shoveling (snow overnight) prior to grocery shopping yesterday....I already have things on next week's list...I hesitated to buy some things which I now need......but that is my fault and I will have to "make do" at breakfast time.  Meaning, I will have to cook...not just add milk to cereal.

I plan on baking two sweet potatoes for my dinner.  Yesterday, I didn't make any plans and so I snacked a lot...I don't want to repeat that.  The Hilarity of the new Trump Legal Opinion added to the snacking. It's like Jenga with his legal problems.    I didn't have a large bag of chips so......not as much fun with a cheese sandwich.....but close.  

Yesterday's Sudoko was a one off.....today I only got one number.  Nothing lets you know just how ordinary you are- as the daily Sudoko. (in the morning paper).

I am reading a dull book.... 66 pages in and still not a clue what the author is trying to do here.  This is where I usually jump ship.  How did this mess get published?  Spent bucks on the cover art. And it's about a bookstore which I generally like.....sigh....but the only interesting (slightly) was when we were at the Tire Store....before the Bookstore.

My desk calendar now has Two corner protectors.....I found one when looking for a package of Pencil Lead.  I knew I had one- the trick was finding it.....because I found my Mon Blanc Pencil Pen.  and want to use it before I loose it again...the other pen was a fountain pen- the fat Mont Blanc....it's lost.  A gift from husband that I had asked for.....I never got the hang of filling the fountain pen.  And now...after four movers have packed and unpacked our stuff....who knows where it is......actually, who knows where most of my stuff is.

No comments: