Saturday, August 05, 2023

Field Notes- Saturday, August 5th. It seems to have rained all night. Which is fine with me.


 I finally peeled the now (finally) ripe and juicy peaches and baked the Southern Peach Cobbler. I don't have ice cream.  I wish I did.   I did have to search for the cinnamon.  It wasn't in the Spice Drawer.

And I hoped my baking powder was still okay.  It's been a very long time since I baked ANYTHING.

I have the Cobbler in the fridge.  It's the season (in the house) for things to get moldy. And no, it doesn't look like this photoshopped one.

I had to boil fresh pasta for husband's Every Single Day Chicken Parm Dinner from the grocery store. As much as it annoys me- it also frees me from having to cook......so I stay calm....as I boil yet another box of pasta to be added to the pasta in the prepared dinner.  "because there just isn't enough"

He's talking a shower.  I asked him to just to see if he still knew how to do it.  Turn on the water, change to shower mode etc.  He hasn't showered lately.  So I thought perhaps it was because he no longer knew how the shower worked.  This is how I have to think about Daily Life these days.

When I was making him Chicken Soup (the only thing he eats during the Winter Months)-- he forgot EVERY time where the strainer was (doesn't like things floating in the broth) where the funnel was to use when filling the jars with broth etc etc.  Every Time.  So, I try to be prepared.....if he forgets how the shower works.  I tried to be the one filling the chicken soup jars but he got really agitated.  So........ Because I wasn't doing it correctly.

The Sun is coming out.  Everything is nice and green outside the front window...... It's been unseasonably cool here in Maine.  We haven't needed the AC units at all.  Which is not "the Way Life is here in Maine in August".   My Lunch Buddy and Family have driven up north to a Lake Side Resort.  Where my friend will sit on the long patio of the hotel and enjoy chilled cocktails and the views.

What will I be doing?  I have thought about my Index Card Art.  Even if I can no longer get the images to transfer to the blog posts........the Computer and I are enjoying the Long Goodbye......I am happy I can still type word and sentences to all of you out there.........enjoy the day.



No comments: