Monday, August 14, 2023

Field Notes- A bit Tardy. Monday, August 14th. Sunshine and humidity. Library and grocery


 I bought tomatoes just like these.  Still on their green vine.  One had gotten smushed a bit.  Juicy. I also bought bread and had mayo in the fridge.  I just finished slurping my way thru a Tomato Sandwich. So so delicious........I haven't had a messy juicy tomato (the smushed one) on squishy bread in....what seems like years....but can't possibly be that long......I have four more tomatoes.....four more sandwiches.

So, so delicious.......

I also  found a tub of the chopped vegetable salad I like.  It's been a long time... since I had that.

And I met an interesting woman in the face cream aisle.  She is able to walk to the store.  She had a wheeled cart.....I said I would actually love being able to walk into Town......sigh.  This woman was so happy to meet me and talk to me......in fact, she asked my name several times.  I told her I always shop on Monday at this time......so I might see her again.  I didn't get any stalker vibes off her....but who knows.

My grocery bill was higher than usual.  Almost an extra $100.  I just went to look at it- yep.

I did get some face cream and a huge bottle of mouthwash.  They no longer have the spray I used to sanitize the bed sheets.....There were unmarked spaces on the shelving.....possibly no longer selling the products. And I remembered the spray starch.....happy dance.  (for remembering)

When I uncovered my ornamental flowers this morning bees had gotten under the netting.  Where were they when my Plum tree needed pollination????

Have I said that before? Probably- I say it to myself every morning when I see bees all around the plants.

Well, it's a pleasant August Monday.  Ac unit is running.  My electric bill was $144.-- usually only $60 something.......But I have used the AC units quite a bit.....and the ceiling fans are on 24/7.

Well, Excitement for this week is over......nothing more to look forward to...daughter has birthday this week.  Grass will be cut on Thursday.  I'll be eating Tomato Sandwiches. Lunch Buddy is back from her trip to Rangeley...they had a great time.  Boston family members have joined Brooklyn members across the street......lots of cars.. My neighbor has a full house and she's very happy I think. I have AC unit on and a stack of books..........the one I just finished made me cry......next up one to make me laugh.


No comments: