Friday, July 05, 2019

Daily Notes- July 5th


The mess that was my sewing room floor yesterday.  It's now all tidy.  Removed all the the office supplies from the office closet.  There was a wire shelving unit behind the door.  I MacGivered it into the  closet and up onto the edge of the shelf and then balanced on the molding on the opposite side. Shelving had gone all the way across but was split at some point in Time for hanging clothes.

Then I started folding and making small piles of cloth.  Some-used in projects that are finished now-to return to the Attic and the Magic Closet.  Others- that have Future Purpose-were folded onto the shelving.  I even pulled fabric off he guest bed and folded it and arranged it on this one shelf.

One shelf.  All that was needed to bring order to my small World.  There was room for a half wire shelving unit and that is also in use but not filled.  I then placed all scraps and art cloth in the big laundry basket.  Ready for Part Two of Jude's on line class- Components.  Riley was acting badly so I sat and sorted cloth while he panted and drooled on the carpet.

Today I will be dragging the vacuum down the hall and vacuuming the carpet.  Now that I can SEE the carpet.  That box in the middle right is Bev's un-finished project.  Not sure what it was supposed to look like-there was a book with a quilt that looked like the parts that are sewn together.  All Civil War type fabrics and all cut half square triangles.  Not my "wheelhouse".  I bought it down to look to see if there was anything I could use in that Storm At Sea diamond thing.  Now it's all going back up.  Into the Attic.  Perhaps in my 80's????

It's not that there is so much (of mine) in the room.  It's that the room is so small.  And filled with three bookcases (all filled with G's stuff) a large gun cabinet, a large filing cabinet with two long drawers topped with another bookcase.  I added the cutting table.  The ironing board.  The sewing machine was already in the room from when we had to empty the guest room.  I can touch all my stuff while sitting in my rolling chair.  Just roll in a circle.

Now the Magic Attic is spacious.  The closet large. And its also got really good light.  And its VERY HOT up there in the Summer.  And the climb up and down the stairs is killing my hip this year.

So, having the wire shelving in the closet has made my workspace 100% happier.  Such a small change.  Wonderful.  And while sorting and folding--I have more unnecessary things folded and ready for my next climb into the Magic Attic.

I sat for awhile in my rolling chair and just gazed into the closet and at my shelf.  And I can close the door.


No comments: