Saturday, July 13, 2019

Daily Notes- July 13th


My pile of fabric auditioning for my components.  Most all of these are Deb Lacativa's work.  I am using them instead of hoarding them.  Hoping that when I need more Deb will still be making more.
And, I can enjoy holding the fabric as I work on the components.

Yesterday I pasted my little square graph paper patterns on to heavy old vintage index cards.  I made Jude's sizes and I made my own personal sizes.  The sizes I naturally freecut.  Somehow they all end up fitting together. So there must be something to it?

G and Riley are off on their walk.  G didn't go yesterday.  He took a nap instead.  I have a "rule" here that if G works one day he must rest the next day.  He refuses to comply.  And pays for his foolishness by making mistakes, getting hurt and just plain exhaustion.  Yesterday it all caught up with him and he napped until 3:30 pm.  Anyway...Riley gets a walk today.  Loves his walk.  Riley, of his own design, now makes a shorter walk.  I always said the dog was smart.

G called to report that I need to check my zucchini plants  down in the garden as some might be ready to pick. Wow!! I have some green tomatoes on the heirloom plants that are bigger than golf balls but not tennis balls size.  So things are growing.  G has been working on making wooden supports for the Grow boxes.  Like book shelving with out the shelves.

And making my own fertilizer for the Grow boxes instead of buying the company fertilizer packets? Well, it looks like you don't need to buy the fertilizer packets. It's actually a hydroponic system so any additional food can be added to the water in the base as the plants need additional supplements..  I gave the green peppers (last year) additional sulfur to build strong cell walls.  I am giving the tomatoes (this year) additional calcium. I also fertilized the tomatoes with Osmocote time release and Tomato Maker fertilizer in the ProMix container soilless mix.

I didn't do much of anything yesterday.  I worked on pasting my templates for my components for class.  I didn't actually make any.  G was sleeping so I watched Hallmark quietly for a few hours by the dining room table.  Today I am pulling out the central vac hose and wrangling it around the house to vacuum.  That damned hose tangles and bends and makes me swear.  By the Time I finish the entire house I am swearing  continuously.  Swearing I will be putting that damned new hose in the garbage can. Where it belongs.  The old, original hose was easy.  And it worked with duct tape on the cracks.  G decided I needed a new hose.  Took the old one far away.  So I couldn't go back to using it.  I save some of the best swear words for G.

No comments: