Thursday, July 11, 2019

Daily Notes- July 11


Taken apart.  Not as it was and perhaps will not be this way much longer.  In my "sorting" of fabric in the big laundry basket I found the "rest of the shirt" where the original half circle on top came from. I guess I just took off the long sleeves and made short sleeves.  I actually thought I would wear this shirt. No.  Just no.

So I cut a circle. A complete circle.  And then Life happened and I straightened out my sewing room, added shelving and made piles and vacuumed and then started making components.  But I had taken a picture-- not a great picture but still a record of where I was thinking of going.  The sun light on the bottom half and shadow on the top so not the best picture.  I just don't know.  And that's fine.  My daughter just said "what is it supposed to be?" and I said "nice to look at". Abstract art isn't anything really, just a very good looking, balanced composition of color and texture and line.

Not that I am implying I am MAKING Art.  I am TRYING to make Art.

Today on the class video, Jude was talking about coming back to a work and seeing it with new eyes. Of making things extend into the open spaces.  Of changing course.  So, I'm finding my own way.  Not so far from what Jude is teaching us.

My day began in the dark.  4 am I think.  G and Riley went outside so Riley could pee like they do every morning in the dark.  On the way back inside the house, G missed the bottom porch step and fell face first onto the cement porch.  It's a small crime scene out there.  G woke me and I cleaned up the blood in the bathroom (noticed his blood clots-mine does not), wiped down the light switch and the wall next to the switch, cleaned his face and applied an ice pack. He had bitten his lip he said.  We didn't notice until morning that his nose is now crooked.

 Leaning slightly left of center. He had an appointment with his foot doctor at 10am and the doctor thought the nose was left of center.  The guy who repaired G's eyeglass frames later in the morning-also thought his nose was tilted left. Neither of these "guys" mentioned getting it corrected. I wasn't wearing my glasses when I looked at him at 4am or I would have gotten dressed and driven him to the ER.  He doesn't care.  Nothing hurts.  I guess that means something.  That his nose doesn't hurt.  I don't know as my nose has never been broken and my brothers never had broken noses.  No experience.

He and Riley have now gone out for the daily walk.  I can't go as my hip bones will not allow it.  Not muscles.  Bones.  I will do something else while they are gone.  Wait for the rain to come.

2 comments:

Annie said...

Oh, poor G, sounds like a nasty accident. He should probably have his nose looked at, it may cause breathing problems some day.

Life Scraps and Patches said...

Do you think you could persuade your husband to have his nose looked at? Sounds like a good idea.