Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Daily Notes- July 10th


Working on this while I sit at the dining room table watching television to keep  Riley calm and contented.  I am taking Jude's part II class on "components".  Patches of cloth.  We are only supposed to be making the patches "ready to use" with the quarter inch turn back basted down.  My patches decided to get stitched together as I turned the quarter inch back.  I had brought the coral fabric to the table for something else--but it also decided, quite on it's own--to join the patches but is only under them and not sewn to anything.

Fabrics here are self colored with plants or paint except for the best ones which are created by Deb Lacativa.  And Deb if you are reading this--- second from the bottom on the left a small smidgen of cloth from that box you sent.  In small slices--it's okay and worked out perfectly here.

In case anyone is wondering.  I didn't use templates.  I just cut freehand.  I would trim an edge if it stuck out too much.  But pretty much I finger pressed a quarter inch on two fabrics, put them together right sides together and sewed along the top edge (over the top edges).  When opened they lay flat.  Perfectly flat.  This hasn't been pressed.

I don't know if I'll use the coral.  But right now--it looks okay.

Treasure Island the Musical was most excellent.  All male cast.  Loud, strong, deep operatic voices. G had to remove his hearing aids and put them in his pocket.  Ben Gun was very limber.  Getting into some strange squatting positions and then hopping about -like a grasshopper. Captain Morgan looked like he stepped right off a bottle of rum.  Sets were perfect.  Really seemed like a ship.  Then an island. All the original songs were wonderful.  Enjoyed our evening out.  Next show is Hello Dolly with some of the same cast members as last night.  That will be at the end of July.

Riley (knock on wood) has enjoyed a trio of good days.  Good walks, three meals eaten, naps etc.  right now he is napping on his bed near the computer.  Relaxed and sound asleep.  I'll be going out to do errands.  Grocery, bank, library and health food store.  Arnica (thank you Grace).  The little pills are making G's persistent back pain feel so much better.  He might even start standing up straight instead of hunching over.

How can dogs make sleeping look so damned comfortable????  

3 comments:

Susan Sawatzky said...

what brand of arnica are you using? I'm 5 weeks out from knee surgery and could use something to rub on the side of my leg for muscle pain

Annie said...

some fabulous colors in your fabric piece, love it! I used to go to the BMT years ago, always enjoyed the shows. You are lucky to live right there. Glad Riley is having some good days. Had to chuckle, my constant refrain to my dh is "stand up straight", he looks like an old man. I know the guys have back pain, but they still must stretch those back muscles into position. Ha,ha, nagging wife!!

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

I love your patches! VERY MUCH
sometime I will put some of my favorites together like this
GLAD.about arnica