Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Slightly Different Kitchen


More country. All the shelving seems claustrophobic.

I woke very early today.  Still dark.  Lights on in the house.  Wet.

This morning I have wet perennials to load onto carts.  In all the years we have done this--always cold, wet mornings to load them.  I will be soaking wet by 9 am.  I plan to have dry clothing to change into. then I need to order enough empty carts for the rest.

The mums are buy one get one free right now.  The pumpkin piles are not very high anymore.  Winter is coming. So much quicker than I had wanted. So dark.  On the way to work and on the way home.

In Germany they called this the "dark times".

G has the telescope out.  Looking at stuff.  The moon was too bright but he finally has time to read the instruction book--the telescope has tracking and will follow a selected planet or star as it moves thru the sky.  I remember looking at Saturn from a rooftop in Sonoma California with this telescope.  Amazing.

I don't think I am scheduled for any days the first full week of November at the retail job.  No email last night with my schedule.  I can get some work done here at home.

No comments: