Thursday, October 17, 2013

Another Great Kitchen Island


I'm not sure if this is stainless steel or poured concrete.  But it's the set up I want.  Would you be "put off" if you looked at a house for sale and this was the kitchen?  Or would you just think--hey, this is simple and easy to cook in.

I worked early this morning (greenhouse) and drove to work in the dark.  I don't like having to get out of bed in the dark.  Best part of the day, so far, was going home at 2 pm and stopping at the library for two books for me and two for G.

We used Netflix last night and watched The Fall: episode one.  It was very, very good.  We were just about to cancel Netflix and just use Xfinity on Demand.  But guess what--Xfinity wouldn't load.  Just kept getting an error message.  But Netflix--loaded right away.  I guess watching season one and two of Homeland was all we were getting from the "X".  Worth it.

I was surprised, last night, to come home and find that, somehow, Congress had agreed to pass something.  Not that I think the "something" was worth passing.  Now we just have 80 days to wait for the next "great mess" when they can't agree to anything.  It's hard to feel proud to be an American these days.

I think I will take a shower, turn on lights and look for something to eat for dinner and then decide to read or watch more of The Fall.  Tough choice.

1 comment:

quiltcontemplation blogspot said...

I like the look of concrete counters. I once thogh I could create one in my kitchen but found it daunting. I think they can be beautiful when done in the right context.
I am seeing alot of the subway tiles in design lately or maybe i just spend too much time in the subway.