Monday, August 26, 2013

Monday And No Workers

The day, today, started cold and wet.  Not like August. But the sun burned through around 10am.

I ate my cereal with soy milk, drank half my coffee while reading the paper.  Time to go to work so I poured the remainder of the coffee into my Thermos and added more.  Packed a ripe peach for lunch. Drove to work with the headlights on.  Opened the store, cashed the drawers and waited--- first customer at 9:30-- 2 hours after I arrived.  And they say the economy has rebounded.

On the way home at 2 pm, I stopped to buy more peaches.  Now they aren't on sale.  But I bought them anyway. So good, so juicy.  So Peachy.  And more local corn.  5 for a dollar.

And I bought a loaf of When Pigs Fly Cinnamon Raisin Bread.  WPF is just 20 minutes away and the loaf was baked today.  I ate three slices with lots and lots of butter.  So good.  You are very much aware of my deep devoted love of BREAD.  Something I have denied myself for 30 months. No more.

I decided taking long walks (at a brisk pace) and exercising was a better way of keeping the weight the same or lower.  I'm, going to be 67 in a few weeks.  I'm not looking for a new man.  I'm not planning a career in high fashion.  I just want to be healthy and live another 30 years.  So that's my plan.

 

2 comments:

Annie said...

I like your plan! : )

Deborah Boschert said...

I should make a peach cobbler is weekend. Love your plan! I'm exercising more too. It seems the logical balance.