Friday, August 09, 2013

It's Raining and I Am Eating


Nothing like a really rainy day, not going to work, having a power failure due to a lightning strike somewhere in Town, and having a Whole Food half focaccia here in front of me.  Well, it was here.  Now it's in my tummy.  Two very large coffees (coffee brewed with the help of the generator) and the bread.  It made me happy. I'm having cup three now, after lunch, which included potato chips.  But no bread.

We were certified Yuppies yesterday when I purchased $18 worth of ripe heirloom tomatoes at Whole Foods.  Mine aren't ready and I want a good tomato.  It's August. We even watched and listened to the Vitamix sales guy while he made us some strawberry "ice cream".  Remember when I purchased a Vitamix last winter and it sat on the table, unused for the entire 30 day trial period?  I always wondered what the "ice cream" would taste like.  Now I know.  Not like ice cream.  And he used a banana.  Didn't like that. Also got a brain freeze eating the quarter cup of product before it melted. He said the motor runs so fast that in 6 to 8 minutes any contents of the jar would be heated to boiling.  Which is why they make "soup" on QVC when they sell the Vitamixers.

G is cleaning out the sunporch, getting ready for all my house plants to relocate to the porch while (when) the contractor shows up.  Said he'd see us this week.  Didn't.  I am tossing quite a bit into the recycle bin.

I am a GREAT SAVER of coffee cans (with lids) to store loose things, Kraft cheese containers (for shaking dust on plants), packing stuff etc.  I even had yogurt tubs (sans lids) which I tossed.  G is using the lidded containers from cherries (the ones McD's puts on the whip cream on top of the shakes) for bird seed.  I am sorting my fertilizers, fungicides and insecticides.  And the systemics.

I think the rain has stopped pelting down on the house.  It's still pretty dark outside.

I used a relaxation technique (I was trying to open my conscious mind to repressed dreams or past lives) when I went to bed last night.  No luck on the conscious mind but I did fall asleep and stayed asleep until 8am.  Interesting.

Watched the two hour ending to this season's The Killing.  Sigh.  Not what I would have wanted.  This week's Longmire was also a real downer, with next week looking even sadder.  I think we'll be watching a few episodes of Homeland tonight.  Broadchurch on BBCA was weird.  I wanted to like it but the actors were doing such a poor job of it.  But the coming attractions of LUTHER on September 3rd---very happy about that.  Alice is back.

That's it.  I bought bread and ate it.  Called out sick today from work.  Cleaning out the sunporch.  The electricity is back on.  I slept well last night.  We have huge red tomatoes for dinner tonight with cheese and basil (Caprese) and Homeland to watch.  A good Friday.  Brownies?  Perhaps.

No comments: