Thursday, August 29, 2013

Another View Before They Added The Peaked Roof


Just so you know how OPEN my house is/was.

Today they are doing the finish work on the Peak.  The inside of the house is buttoned up.  No bugs.  No light.  No Problems.  My day off.  I slept until 8 am. Good enough.

G has dug a hole and is planting one of the Orphan Hydrangeas that we have had growing bare rooted next to the garage in large plastic bins of water all summer.  I think it's about six by six.  I wonder how it will grow now that it's back in the ground?  We haven't found a space for the second one.  A smaller twin to this first to be planted shrub.  These were given to us in exchange for G digging them out of the owner's garden.  No longer wanted. People are giving away these Endless Summers because they no longer make any flowers. We think (at work) that the hybrid fails after 3 to 4 years.  They make plenty of leaves but fail to set buds.  My neighbor across the street is very close to giving us her three.  If we dig them out.  Been three years--no flowers.  Why have them taking up space????

We are (now) trying to plant things where we can see them from the house.  So we can enjoy them.  But I can't see this hydrangea without going outside and walking down the walk to the driveway.  I suppose I will be happy to see it as I drive  past it going to and fro from work.  I will certainly notice when the deer have eaten it.  For some strange and unfathomable reason the deer did not eat either of the orphan twins (while they waited in their tubs of water by the garage) but do eat the Mother's Day hydrangea planted not ten feet away.  Which hasn't made a flower in years and years.

I shredded up three of the five zucchini my garden has produced this summer and just shoved a Chocolate Zucchini Loaf into the oven.  When it comes out, in an hour, I will be making Zucchini Fudge Brownies.   I think there was another zucchini recipe I wanted to try.  Don't know what it was. I have chocolate smeared all over my shirt.  Where is my apron?  Why don't I have it on?

Last night, while watching Duck Dynasty,  I steamed some rice and reheated things we had in the fridge.  G and I each had a heaping plate.  Like Thanksgiving.  Eaten while perched on the couch, laughing at the Robertson's.  Rice, reheated fried yellow squash, roasted green beans and a few cold chicken tenders.   I asked G if he wanted to see how many days we could go, just eating chicken tenders from the grocery.   We both would like to have these folks living nearby.

My lunch, after work, was a container of cucumbers in sour cream and one chicken tender.  I am eating as much of my garden produce as I can eat.  I remember missing it terribly when it was gone last year.  I should go take a few pictures of the loaded Red Siberian Tomato Plants.  If they all come ripe--I will be making Tomato Pie.  It's cloudy--good picture taking light.

No comments: