Monday, August 19, 2013

Indian Eggplant


The actual color of these is more a dark lavender.  They are small as you can see in relation to the size of the tomatoes.  I found an Indian recipe which has me stuffing the little eggplant with a peanut masala and baking them.  Good hot or cold.  I really should have asked the guy who gave me the little seedlings for a recipe.  His favorite way to eat them.  I have been picking them while small--"just right to fit into the hand" is the way he described the size.

I need unsalted, roasted peanuts and white sesame seeds for the recipe.  And cilantro.

There are books waiting at the library.  The Boy in the Suitcase for me.

At work, I got to do my favorite thing---write on the chalkboards.  Fall Classes and Sale Items.  I've been seeing liquid chalk on some blackboards (very "in" right now) at high end stores and restaurants.  Even at my local Hannaford.  I need to find out where to buy some for my own personal use.  I am using plain old fat sticks of sidewalk chalk at work.  The plywood boards aren't very smooth.  So the chalk has a nice texture as it grits it's way across the surface. Leaving a fine coating of chalk dust on me, the floor and anyone passing by. I think a good sanding between coats and at least one more coat of chalkboard paint and things would look even nicer.  But, this is what I have and I am very happy to have what I have.   The boards add such a nice look to the store.

Temps are in the 80's this week.  Sunshine.  Still not the steamy August we are used to here in Maine, but good enough.  G and I had ice cream BEFORE dinner today.  I think it was a good idea.  Strawberry for me.  Lunch was seeded crackers with peanut butter and yogurt with raspberries. Dinner was a bowl of cubed tomatoes, fresh mozzarella and olive oil and Balsamic vinegar and two handfuls of almonds eaten while reading blogs.  I may have a cup of coffee later.

Oh, the carpenter showed up and left his tool trailer parked in the driveway.  Ready to start tomorrow morning.  And the Septic Guys are coming tomorrow as well.  Here we go---a big adventure.

No comments: