Wednesday, May 01, 2013

May Day


There was no sweet basket of flowers hanging from my doorknob today.  I don't think anyone does that anymore?  I could have if I had any flowers here at home.  Instead, I was out the door at 7 am.

Work.  Work.  So many flowers on the truck today.  The floors were lined with containers of flowers and I had to organize and find them places to "be" on the wall of Proven Winners.  Customers today were testy.  Proven Whiners.

My right arm is covered in bruises from balancing trays of flowers on the side of my wrist.  My skin is already tanned so the blue black purple of the bruises doesn't stand out as much as it could.

Tomorrow G and I must choose a French Door and a new front door.  On another day we will choose the new windows.  The chimney is down to the poured cement footing.  In 4 to 6 weeks the carpenter, roofer and window people will be tearing the south wall of my house apart and then putting it back together.  I wish I had a CLEAR vision of what this will LOOK like.  I have tried looking for images of renovations with French Doors with windows on each side.  They all look like multi-million dollar homes--not mine.  I want what we do to look amazing.  But I want it to look like it was always like this.

This is deep water for G and I.  We have never renovated (or even changed) anything in any house we have ever owned.  I hope the catalogs at the building supply has images for us to look at.  The choice of door has to co-ordinate with the windows--- all 6 or 8 of them.  A wall of windows.  Floor to ceiling. Any ideas?

1 comment:

dee said...

Try not to freak out. Give whatever you choose a chance. Chances are it will look wonderful because at heart you know what you want. Reality is-it will be very different. I'm just starting to warm up to some of the things that we chose that looked so DIFFERENT! at first. I see now that we have brought so much light into the house and it looks really pretty. At first it was all glaring and that's because it was so dark in some areas before. I learned to live with the dark, outdated, spaces. Brace yourself and think good thoughts. Positive thoughts....