Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Tomorrow


Instead of the soil less mix I use at work, tomorrow, I will be digging in the real dirt at home.  G transplanted the plum tree from the garden behind our bedroom to the corner on the south east side of the garage.  It already looks happier.  And it's raining.

The Bayer Grub Control (with fertilizer) has killed the grubs (hopefully) and also turned the lawn into a dark green velvet wonder to behold.  I have to read the bag and find out what sort of fertilizer this is.  Because this is the only fertilizer I ever want to use.  Extra Ordinary.

I just finished a seven day run at work without a day off.  Tomorrow is it.  My day off.  I upgraded one of the two new hires to "like" today.  We worked together and she was very easy to work with.  The other one is not.  I have a third new hire.  Started Monday.  My age.  Same haircut.  Master Gardener.  We ate lunch together the first day and unpacked the exact same lunch with only a few differences.  She had blueberries with her yogurt and I had raspberries.  Too funny.  We'll be working together 3 days a week.

Made G pizza after work today.  He was happy.  I have a zucchini crust pizza cooling in the kitchen and will have some as soon as I am done with the internet.  I've already inhaled a chicken tender, some peanuts, some almonds.  I (with help) unloaded several heavy carts filled with perennials today.  A very good workout.  Yesterday, I did the same.  Tomorrow they will have to do it without me.

I am going to bed at 10 pm and waking up just before 5 am.  I don't want to wake up at 5 am.  It just happens.  I wish it wouldn't.  But once I wake up, I start to hear all the birds talking.  And then I hear the dog snuffling.  I stay in bed until 6, hoping I will fall asleep.  But I don't.  I hope I sleep later tomorrow.  I have so much to do tomorrow in the garden.  Dirt.


No comments: