Monday, August 13, 2012

Who Are You? Russian Sage

I have a specimen of the "gorgeous" plant from the landscaping in front of KFC.  Now to try and identify it.  It smells "sage" like.  Time will tell.

I am back from my job interview.  Took me longer to chose something to wear than to be interviewed. I think I was always destined for the customer service seasonal job at one of the call centers.  Portland or Lewiston.  LONG drives for either.  At night.  In the winter.  My night driving vision is terrible.  And, I did the math.  X equals the pay.  X minus extra gas, driving anxiety and the need to buy a cell phone in case of an accident equals not wanting the job so very much.  So, when I said no to driving to Portland or Lewiston the interviewer stood up and said "well, that's it and thank you for coming in".  And I was out the door and into the parking lot.  Home in time to serve Riley his lunch.

My Tarot Card reading for today suggested "karma".  I had thought seriously of just calling to cancel but decided to go, be a "big girl" and see what happened.  The 30 minute drive was easier than I thought.  I was the first to arrive and the last one to be called to be interviewed.  My interviewer didn't seem all that interested in me.  Perhaps she was also a seasonal temp.  The receptionist was. Perhaps everyone at that site is. I sincerely believe the only way to get a good regular job at this famous retail mecca is to "know" someone who can get you in.  Now I need to think about why this was karma.

It's very very hot outside.  I may need to go water the garden.  The library hasn't sent an email with books to be picked up.  I still have art to work on for the 10 by 10 art auction.  I returned to my regularly scheduled work at the greenhouse tomorrow.  My last day of "vacation".  Sigh.

3 comments:

Tracy said...

It looks like Russian Sage, Perovskia atriplicifolia, to me. They grow very well here in CA, they like the hot dry summers and probably benefit from no frost. I cannot seem to grow them at my place though.
Thanks for the zucchini brownie remedies, I'll try them next time I have a few too many zuchs.
Tracy

kathy said...

I hesitate to say it looks like a russian sage because it's so popular and I'm sure you have it at the greenhouse?? Mine looks just like that.

Paula, the quilter said...

I'm going to agree that it looks like Perovskia atriplicifolia (aka Russian Sage). It is very happy in my Colorado xeriscape.