Saturday, August 11, 2012

Saturday Morning Blues

Here it is Saturday morning, my regular weekend day off, and I am not feeling the sweet happiness of being home.  Instead I feel oppressed.  Hemmed in by responsibilities.  Mostly stuff in my head.  The laundry is done, the floor was mopped on Thursday (even though it could be done again today), the sheets have been washed and changed, the groceries are packed into the fridge and the dog has eaten his lunch.

My breakfast today was four crispy strips of bacon, three fried eggs with runny yolks and 3 slices of cheese.  Coffee.  My daughter suggested Nellie's cage free eggs and they actually were pretty nice but not as fresh as I thought they would be (the white spread in the pan--not a sign of freshness) but the yolks were golden and there were no weird things attached.  I covered the frypan with a lid, lowered the heat and let the steam cook the whites.  Perfect.  Now a nice crisp slice of toast would have made all the difference.  Or a blueberry pancake under all three eggs.  That's the way I like them.

I have another zucchini experiment in the oven baking.  Sort of a pizza casserole.  Only I baked it incorrectly.  I was supposed to bake the 4 cups of shredded zuke, 2 eggs and one cup mozzarella for 20 minutes at 400 and THEN add the crispy browned beef, onion, spaghetti sauce and second cup of mozzarella.  Instead, I added the meat over the uncooked zucchini.  And I used pizza sauce.  That's what happens when you "think" you remember the directions.  It's now been baking for much longer than 40 minutes and looks very, very brown.

I am also wearing socks with my LLBean ballet flats.  Trying to stretch out the toe section so it doesn't rub on my toes.  The salesperson (years ago) suggested I buy the 9 and not the 9.5 because the leather stretches and the shoes will fall off.  Well, that never happened.  I don't wear the shoes often enough because they hurt my toes.  So nothing has stretched.  Today, socks and shoes until I get tired of it.  The heel portion fits beautifully. And on days when I have had no salt--- the shoes always fit, but still rub my toes.  I'd love to be able to wear the flats all the time with my three pairs of black pants.  Alas, I can't.

I am also apprehensive about an employment interview on Monday morning.  I applied on line for a seasonal job and got invited to an in person interview.  Now I am wondering why I did this.  Why complicate my life further?  I hope I don't get Googled.  What if they read this blog????  OMG.

I think I will have another cup of coffee and make a short list of "things to do" that I might be able to work on.  I also have the 10 by 10 art piece to finish by the 25th.  Riley wants a walk.  I need a nap.



No comments: