Sunday, August 19, 2012

Running Bunny

Off someone's blog.  It's like Pin Interest.   I just slide the pictures I like onto my desktop and then into my picture file.  This bunny looks like it was drawn on linen with a pen and cut out and appliqued to the pillow.  Some frayed fringe at the bottom.   I like it. Would look nice on my couch.  I think I have a linen dress I could cut up to make this.

Riley went out this morning and rolled in something very stinky.  He came back in the house bouncing with happiness, my first clue that something was up.  When g woke up, it's his day to sleep in, he took the dog straight outside and washed him off.  The hose in the garage is hooked up to hot and cold water, so it was a pleasant dog bath.  Riley's visits outside need to be monitored until we find the source of the wet, stinky.

I worked on my 10 by 10 most of yesterday.  From my investigation of the auction format and the small size of the art pieces, I determined my best approach would be work that was saturated in color and pretty simple and graphic.  I made another set of carrots.  Same blue, brown and oranges as the 12 by 12 I made for the orange challenge.  Just smaller.  I wanted something that would read well from across a room.  And the people in the website photographs (I recognized them from years of work at the library in Town) were always sympathetic to "gardening" and my brightly colored quilts.  Who doesn't like brightly colored hand appliqued carrots?  We'll see.  Worst case, I get my carrots back, unsold.  I will link to the display of work when they have the 2012 pieces on the website.  Drop off is next Saturday.  I have to create a bio and an artist statement.  UGH!!

G and our daughter are going to the movies this afternoon.  Which means I am left here with the dog, G's chore of vacuuming the house and the remaining laundry.  I managed to get all G's shirts ironed yesterday before ironing freezer paper patterns onto the orange fabrics.  We had steaks for dinner yesterday.  I am enjoying the steak and G grilling the dinner.

Breakfast today was a low carb "bread" with Jalsberg cheese (mayo, egg, almond meal, flax meal and gluten meal).  I thought I wanted pancakes but I lost the link to the coconut flour pancakes I looked at before going to bed last night.  The link to the recipe was from a guy who uses the cold pancakes to make sandwiches.  Which, due to the big fiber in coconut flour, are very dense and filling.  I am going to look in the History file and see if I can relocate the recipe.  Coconut flour has good results if you mix it correctly.  I think I need to weigh the stuff on my little scale.  Like I weigh my yogurt.  Did you know yogurt weighs in differently from container to container?  Another of life's mysteries.

Time to start vacuuming.

No comments: