Tuesday, April 10, 2012

My Three Dollar, After Easter Lily

I returned to work this morning.  Up before 6 am and in the car by 7.  The long days of the "season" are upon us.  The "new" hires are being trained.  The fertilizer pump got hooked up today so now all my lovelies will be fed blue water.  I had just finished watering everything when the guy showed up to set up the fertilizer.  Oh, well.

The perennials are going out.  The tables are filling up nicely.  Before long I will be spending my days outside from morning to evening.  I'm looking forward to it.  My socks were very wet today, as wet as my pant legs from the knees down, but when I stopped to notice them after lunch, they were bone dry.  Amazingly dry for April.  The woods should be squishy with mud, but the paths are dry and dusty.  What has happened to a wet, damp Spring?

G is getting his pasta ready.  We are having the last container of meatballs and marinara for dinner tonight.  Mine with zucchini noodles.  I finished the taxes yesterday.  It was uneventful and I printed off two copies for ours and my daughter's returns.  Today my investment agent sent me an prepaid overnight envelope for my IRA contribution.  Nice service.  Nice agent.  I told her so.

Got to go.  Got to julienne my zucchini noodles.

No comments: