Wednesday, April 25, 2012

I'm No Samuel Johnson

I think that was the name of the guy who wrote the first published "diary".  I read it back in freshman English in college.  Do they still do that?  Today was Site Meter report day and I followed one of the reader's intake links back to a September 2010 post where I discussed ratatouille and further back grape jelly.  The main themes of my writing, fascinating as it isn't, were food preparation and disliking my work. At least I am consistent over the years.  I actually found my writing style to be pleasing and I would have continued reading backwards but I was hungry and wanted my breakfast.

My breakfast this morning is the same as the past two days.  A bowl of forbidden cereal (made from wheat) with half and half.  This cereal has kept me full until 2.30 each afternoon and sometimes, if I am busy, until dinnertime.  And I feel better.  I was so very very tired of eating eggs.  And, like Seinfeld, I could eat nothing but cereal all day long.  I love it that much.  This morning I am eating the last of the cereal in the cupboard.  So, I have to decide to buy more or stop and return to the egg omelet.  This is a big decision. (I decided NOT to buy more cereal)

G decided to take a nap after work and his dentist appointment yesterday.  And he slept right thru the time to pick up the dog at day care.  By the time he woke up, the vet was closed for business for the day.  Lucky for G and Riley, someone was still there and Riley got to come home for his dinner and sleep in his own bed.  A cat that had been dropped off for grooming wasn't so lucky.  She was having to stay.  Forgotten by her owners.   G has to have root canal on the tooth that was getting a new crown.  They found spots on the tips of all three roots.  Not a good thing.  And G had to drive back to work (after going to get the dog) to open the uniform closet for a new employee.  He didn't get to eat the lovely homemade meatball sub and onion rings until 8pm.  I didn't get to eat my bowl of all meat chili until 9.  I was talking on the phone with a friend (which was such a treat!).

Finished my book, finally.

I discovered that I am happiest at work when I don't think about it too much.  Yesterday I laughed, agreed and otherwise didn't engage with my boss over the directions he was giving me.  It's pointless.  So why do I do it? (first born bossy) It's really so much easier to have someone else telling you what to do all day, step by step.  And, as long as I am always doing something, he has hardly anything to say to me.  I watered plants for the entire first four hours of my work day.  The last two, I was repotting things.  I noticed that a new repotting rate sheet has been posted and I need to start charging more for my services.  Which will cut down on said services.  Many new employees started work this week.  And we got new tee shirts.  Mine are size medium (mens) since I am now that size again.  I am, in fact, the size I was when I was first hired. Wearing the same cargo pants I bought for my "new" job in April, 2008.  Let's see if I can manage to STAY this size and not increase in size over the next five to 8 months, like I did in 2008.

Well, I used up an entire hour on this post and now have to get dressed for work and make my ham and cheese roll ups and bag of radish "chips" for today's lunch.  See you later.

No comments: